False killer whale returned to the wild after running around in Yilan (2021/11/25)
其它新聞 Other News   
  • 10 lawmakers from Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia to visit Taiwan
  • US backs Taiwan ahead of high-stakes Honduran vote: report
  • Tsai visits Datan algal reef ahead of Dec. 18 referendum
  • Lonely Planet ranks Taipei as second best city to travel to in 2022
  • Taiwan on alert over new variant with high number of mutations
  • Finance ministry announces tax cut for 2023
  • TSMC opens new chip fab engineer training center
  • New food award recognizes top 500 Taiwanese dishes across the country
  • Taiwan Ace Signs with A’s
  • 英文 English 
    False killer whale returned to the wild after running around in Yilan (2021/11/25)

    A false killer whale was released back into the wild on Thursday, eight days after it washed up on a beach in Yilan. The animal, which is actually a species of dolphin, was found with weakened and malnourished, although it had no injuries. After eight days of round-the-clock care, it had regained enough strength to be returned to the open sea.

    Volunteers call out to their charge, who they’ve named “Bright One.” After days of looking after the false killer whale, it’s hard to say goodbye.

    Even so, it’s a joyous moment when it’s time for the release. The false killer whale was brought out to sea early Thursday morning. Out of an abundance of caution, the Coast Guard was sent to assist. Marine patrol officers pushed the stretcher to the side of the ship and lowered it slightly, to return the creature to the ocean.

    As if thanking its caretakers, the false killer whale didn’t leave immediately. Instead, it swam in between the two ships that were there to see it off. After taking a turn, it moved out into the depths of the sea.

    The false killer whale measures 3.2 meters long and weighs 350 kilograms. It ran aground last Wednesday along Su’ao Township. It was sent to a rehabilitation center in Keelung City, in a rare live rescue of a stranded marine mammal. More than 400 volunteers took turns monitoring its condition, providing round-the-clock care for eight days, until it grew strong enough to be released.

    Tseng Cheng-tsun
    Taiwan Cetacean Society secretary-general
    Preparations for the release began at 5 in the morning. Around 7:10, the animal came out of the pool. The transport process took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Now it’s on the boat ready to return to the sea.

    The release was no small undertaking, and the volunteers didn’t get much sleep. But to them, it’s all worth it to be able to get their friend home, safe and sound.

    中文 Chinese  
    逾400位志工輪番照料 宜蘭擱淺偽虎鯨獲救野放






    [[中華鯨豚協會秘書長 曾鉦琮]]


    關於民視 常見問題 如何收看民視 意見信箱

    © 2009 FTV All Rights Reserved 版權所有‧盜用必究 Designed by FTV
    地址:244 新北市林口區信義路99號   觀服電話:(02)8601-8601 服務時間:週一至週日09:00-21:00   傳真:(02)8601-3955

    本網站使用 cookie 與其他技術為您提供更好的使用體驗, 請閱讀我們的的隱私權政策,通過使用我們的網站,表示您確認並同意我們的政策。